THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, April 3, 2010

CONFESSIONS OF A ROMANCE WRITER 4

Let's face it, modern technology can catch even the most savvy of us off guard. Here I am typing and writing away when I get an email to join someone on messenger. OK, not bad I'll chat for a while I have been working all day, and I can use some human contact. Mind you, I look rough, big glasses (I'm blind without them!) I have been babysitting, so fashion has not been my main concern, besides the good thing about chatting is you can do it in your PJ's and no one will ever know. Wrong! This great big box appears on the screen and before I can duck there is a web cam with a man staring at me! Oh Great Goddess! I look like hell, well there goes this one! I contemplated hitting the deck, but just as I was about to disappear I heard his voice! He not only could see me in all my grunge, he could hear me too! There is something just so wrong about that. All the mystery is gone. How is a woman suppose to create a mystique if a guy can see her with her hair sticking up and giant glasses.



I take great pride in my appearance before I leave the house. Only my closest neighbors have ever seen me in my everyday casual grunge. Reentering the dating scene was not a decision I took lightly. I had to consciously plan on increasing my wardrobe, my cosmetic supplies and get a hold of the nearest Avon rep and get more wrinkle reducer! My computer doesn't complain when my lipstick wears out or I scratch my butt, but there is a certain air that must be maintained if one is to land the perfect catch!

My computer doesn't care if my clothes don't match or if I don't have any makeup on. At least that was the way it used to be. But now it's a whole new ball game. Now I'm going to have to drag myself into then bathroom early in the morning (I'm not a morning person) and put on my face. Who knows when that damn messenger will go off! This is intimidating!



I remember taking my time getting ready for a date. Poring over my wardrobe, parading before the mirror and experimenting with every shade of lipstick until just the right shade was found. My grand entrance into the living room was nothing short of military precision. A certain ahhh value made the night more successful. But how much of an ahh value do you get when you look like you just cleaned the bathroom? But it's my own fault for not being more computer literate. I didn't even know there was a damn camera on my computer to begin with, yet alone, know I was having a guest this late at night. Surprise!!! The days of scratching my butt is over or is it? I guess I can just decline the next time that little buzzer goes off on the messenger! Now before I go and post this, I better go fix my makeup!

0 Dedicated to the love of magick: