THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

CONFESSIONS OF A ROMANCE WRITER 5

So, remind me again why I’m not supposed to go shopping with my daughter Jessica, especially when she wears spandex! Oh, that’s right, she’s drop dead gorgeous and twenty years younger!. I really shouldn’t be so surprised, after all, Jessica has been known to cause traffic accidents. I created a monster. The whole time she was growing up, I would ask her “Whose gorgeous?” She would look up at me with her ebony eyes and say “Me!” Then she’d melt your heart with her perfect smile. Yes, Jessie grew up knowing she was beautiful and she used it to her advantage. There were two certain things in our old neighborhood, the first was, that there was not a boy for miles that didn’t want to go out with Jessica, and she had a certain notoriety in the surrounding neighborhoods. Mind you, it was not an easy feat to become Jessie’s beau. She was given a nick name that stuck pretty much throughout her life. When the boys saw her coming, they would look at each other and say “Cha-Ching!” You got it, high matinance. That’s why I nearly fell to the floor when she married for love. Not that she doesn’t try to squeeze in some frivolous purchases now and then, but the finances are just not there. She has four growing boys. That’s when she turns to dear old mom to get that cute little outfit, or that new pair of shoes. But I don’t mind, she wears them well. Although Jessica, can make a dollar store ensemble look like it just stepped off a runway, she usually sticks to Walmart.


We had some running around to do and the weather is getting pretty hot here, so the first stop is for cold drinks. As we stood on line a rather good looking man my age walks over and gives me a sauntering sexy smile. Well maybe the day will turn out good after all. Jessica had stepped away and when she returned he looked at her and said “Are you two sisters?” Oh dear Goddess! I’ve heard that before. All it took was one small smile, and any chance I had was blown clear out the front door. “Oh,” she said sweetly, ‘that’s not my sister, that’s my mother, she’s not married, are you married?” As his eyes were glued to her he said “You have a very pretty mother.” just with whom was he trying to score brownie points? By now it was obvious there was no turning back, Jessica had won him over, she had the right intentions but, once again, I struck out. This is getting to be a habit.



I fair far much better when she’s not around, at least I have a fighting chance. I can hold my own ground. And since I put my picture on the dating website, I have a renewed faith in myself. I have gotten some pretty interesting offers, and some that I deleted immediately! I get a wide range of suitors from farmers to educators and everything in between. I had been communicating with a rather good looking engineer. He was just full of compliments, this was turning out to be a wonderful evening. He looked at me and said “You have beautiful eyes.” (not bad). The he said, “I’m the romantic type, I just love to cuddle.” (oh boy!)

Then he gazed into my eyes and said, “You know, you have just met the love of your life.” (alright I know it’s a line, but, KEEP THEM COMING!). This one shows promise. Then he preceded to tell me about the four other women he’s dating! I make #5.… JERK! …I knew it was too good to be true. I forgot to ask him if he was Mormon.



I’m not giving up! There is a man out there for me, I just know it! I just have to keep looking, and not go shopping with Jessica! You can purchase Stolen Moments at http://www.xlibris.com/JanusGangi.htm

0 Dedicated to the love of magick: