THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, April 10, 2010

confessions of a romance writer 6

So, I have decided to become a cougar. The problem is that the male population of East Tennessee doesn’t agree with me. So, I guess I’ll just have to depend on Karma and the dating service. I have also decided to make an effort to go out more, be seen, mingle and be more outgoing. At least it sounds good in theory. With that in mind, tonight I’m going to midnight bowling (wanna take bets how long it takes me to fall on my ass!). I know that it’s suppose to be family night, but there must be some single men there. That’s why I bought a new outfit, and it’s not all black…. it’s black and white. I don’t just wear black. I wear grey, and brown too! But I’m beginning to receive a lot of flack from the minions. That’s why I added white to my wardrobe.




So, I’m all ready for my big night out. Going bowling. Going gorgeous. Going black and white. Going to get noticed. Going to get a man. Going to get sick! The other day I spent hours in the beauty parlor getting my hair and nails done. Then, I invested in new make up (Age defying make up my ass, I just got a minute older!). This is getting expensive! Now bowling, I even have to rent shoes! Plus the cost of my new duds! I’m not settling for anyone less than Prince Charming.



My son got a love letter the other day. It was from a girl he knew in high school. He hadn’t a clue who she was. At first he was flattered and then he was worried and then he got curious. It became his life’s goal to find out who this girl was. She told him she thought he was sexy and that she even had a tattoo that he inspired her to get. She wrote that she was ready to fry like bacon. Ok, I’m not going to go there. I wonder if I should be ready too! Never mind. My son has become an amateur Sherlock Holmes. He showed real initiative finding out all the info he could find about this girl. So, now my son will get more action than me. What else is new. So tonight is my night, gonna do a little scoping, a little smiling, and a lot of flirting.



We got to the bowling alley late. The first indication that my expectations were way too high was the empty parking lot. But ,I’m a firm believer of carpooling. So I wasn’t discouraged. The huge sign that hung over the doorway was encouraging. Moonlight Bowling! Beer served. That’s enough for me! The first bad sign was when we opened the door there was no music. Then the next sound I heard was that of a bowling ball striking pins. Two lanes occupied on each end and all the others empty! Greeneville, Tennessee is a city of Amazons don’t let anyone tell you different. There was not one man there. Except for the guy behind the counter. Oh well, let’s bowl!



Now let me remind you it took six weeks to write Stolen Moments, it took another three months of constant social networking and working with the publisher to get the book published. That’s almost six months of constantly sitting down and exercising only my fingers. I’m out of shape! Although none of this occurred to me as I approached the line, and let go of my first ball. Then it happened, every muscle that had laid dormant for the last half of a year screamed in agony. If I lift my shoulder my hip hurts. If I move too fast my head hurts, if I take a forward step my butt hurts. I don’t think there is one part of my body is that isn’t calling me a fool right now. But I persevered I bowled until three in the morning. A feat that has me surprised and proud at the same time. Well I didn’t come home alone. I brought with me every ache and pain of a well deserved night out. And you know what? I had fun, I laughed and enjoyed my friends company and without a man in sight. Maybe finding a man is too overrated.



Oh to hell with it, I start looking again tomorrow.

Wish me luck!

0 Dedicated to the love of magick: